Sports Director/ Anchor & Reporter at KLTV in Tyler, TX Jan. 2014- Present
* Currently the sports director and lead a two person department. Promoted in June of 2016.
* Shoot, edit, write, and produce packages and anchor weekday sportscasts.
* Report live from sporting events, and anchor/produce a 30 minute H.S. football show on Friday nights.
* Moved up to Tyler from Lufkin in Jan. of 2014 to be the sports reporter/anchor.
* Being close to Dallas, I cover the Cowboys, Rangers, Big 12, and local high schools.
* Heavy emphasis on social media and online material. Do three Web Extras a day.
Sports Director at KTRE in Lufkin, TX Apr. 2013- Dec. 2013
* Led a one man sports department for the southern part of the East Texas DMA.
* Anchored and produced my own 30 minute H.S. football show every Friday.
* Shot all my own video during the week, including highlights and interviews on a daily basis.
* Constantly used my time wisely to be a one man band. Organization was key.
* Covered over 30 high schools and a DI college in Stephen F. Austin by myself.
Sports Director at KLST in San Angelo, TX Apr. 2011-Apr.2013
* Led a two person team, organized our weekly shoots, and made sure reporter had a story.
* Anchored, edited, and produced 5, 6, and 10 o’clock sportscasts.
* Produced and co-anchored 25 minute Friday Night Football show.
* Gathered facts, reported live as much as possible and conducted interviews on local stories.
* Covered over 30 high schools and a DII college in Angelo State.
Sports Reporter/Anchor at KLST in San Angelo, TX Dec. 2010- Apr. 2011
* First job out of college. Great experience with learning how to one man band.
* Was responsible for setting up my own stories and turning packages in timely manner.
* Learned importance of time management. Reported live from key local sporting events.
* Shot own footage on the weekends, anchored, and produced weekend sportscasts.
Sports Internship at KTVT CBS 11 in Dallas, TX Summer of 2008 & 2009
* Learned avid editing, worked in show rundown, and produced sports highlights.
* Conducted interviews in the field and gained on camera experience.
* Practiced several stand-ups and completed numerous mock anchor shows.
* Gained valuable experience in one of the top markets in the country.
Spring Hill College Mobile, AL
* Class of 2010
* Journalism Degree
* Graduated Cum Laude
iNews, Avid Newscutter, Edius, ENPS, Adobe In-Design, Final Cut Pro, and Photoshop. I possess strong writing skills, a good on-camera presence, solid reporting techniques, and superior shooting abilities.
copyright TALENTapes, Inc 2010